Thursday, August 24, 2006


I... VISA..n TOM CRUISE!

Finally... got my visa!
well let me talk about my title...

I was first rejected a visa... for a silly reason..though it was a bit seriuos for them.. i was asked to get an updated income tax report as my dad is a buisinessman... and i dint take it as it was july 27th and my dad dint file the new one yet...it was my bad luck that i was interviewed by a lady and it was already 5pm and there were 100 people behind me ..as there were jus 4 counters operating that day...and to my ever ending luck... 3 counters had female visa officers and only one was by a male person... i thought i will have a tough time and i had it for sure.. the day was very bad..and had major rejects that day.... quite dissapointedly i came back.... dint seriuosly wanted to apply again... i lost all the little interest i had on US of A....
The first time i went i was praying i wud stand in the male officers Q... the person sitting beside me, rejected once,was constantly telling me, girls will be given visas... i said..lets c...and this lucky man grabbed my seat and stood in the male oficers Q...i felt...ok.let him.. poor soul... second time... i will anyway get it...
but mins after this i came out vth my passport in hand...denied!
i dont know wheteher that man got the visa or not.. but came home... dissappointed... then again started chking my dates... the same old process... cought hold of a few people to get some dates.. but fortuanately managed to get the visa dates by my self vth my cousins help... finally attended visa this 21st at chennai.. was very cool..no tension at allllll!!!! ( u get used to yaar.. second time!!) i was smiling at those who r preparing for their interviews..y masters.. y this univ... and stuff... after all i am their senior! and the day was pretty cool too.. even my dad dint bother much to wait outside the consulate... he said he vl come after 3 hrs and left... went in..finished all the proceedings..and finally sat in the Q.. then i saw my luck turning Red.... i was asked to go to the same lady again.... i jus told the security guy... that i vl have some water n then join.... he asked me to leave th efile in the same row and then go.... i went into the rest room.. made up my mind that..what ever happens will be favourable...washed my face... jus gulped some water... came back nd what do i c ?!! the lady closed her counter!!!!
I was surprisingly very happy... i was very sure that second that i vl get my visa... and know what? i managed immediately to stand in the same male person's Q the first time i missed....!
Now let me tell u about this man... this man is the youngest chap in the counsulate... thin..fair..very cute...around 27 yrs..and ressembles TOM CRUISE ( TC) a bit...very friendly guy.. puts u in ease... he issues visas to almost everyone possible... i stood in this
TC's Q.. and god knows y i was laughing for my self .. i was looking like an idiot.. so happy.. blushing...smiling..as if i am going there to the counter to ask him for a date! instead of preparing what to answer him..i was staring at this man... and sudenly he looked at me..and i jus managed a small grin... and came into my right senses... he asked me a few simple questions... i was confident i vl get it.. so answered them well... he put me on hold for 10 mins... and he was almost done and i was thinking what shud i tell him if he asks" what wud u do if u were given a visa?"..i was preparing this answer... and all the thoughts i was geting were... "i wud thanq u... invite u over coffee.. run back nd hug my father... thanx sir... u look like tom cruise.... wud u care for some coffee vth me???"i was thinking crap! utter crap! just then heard him saying... "mam ia mglad to inform u vl be recieving ur passport in 3 days to the address u mentioned..njoy ur stay in US" b4 he turned back..i put him in some convo..can i get my visa today itself...i have very little time....can i use the rush hour service.." hmmm so desperate to go to US ahh??!!" this time i gave a broad smile... and said i wud rather collect it at my address...and waved him good bye... ran out and hugged my father...and told him tom cruise gave me the visa!! ithink.. more than the happiness of getting visa..i am happy bcoz tom cruise gave it to me!
and u guys..anyone planning to go for visa in chennai... go to tom cruise...!

and here i am writing posts for my blog... when i have tons to buy..pack..and do... know what i am planing to fly this 27th from banglore to boston, and i dint even buy a suitcase yet!
i dint want to have these big suitcases in my house unneccessarily...i was waiting for my visa to be perfectly done..!! so had lots of things in pending... so u guys take care...njoy... i shall update as soon as possible..i started missing my home... pc... food..beach...already!

mixed feelings kya?!

6 comments:

jags said...

"Congratulations" "Congratulations" "Congratulations" "Congratulations" "Congratulations" "Congratulations" "Congratulations" "Congratulations" "Congratulations" "Congratulations" "Congratulations" "Congratulations" "Congratulations" "Congratulations" "Congratulations" "Congratulations" "Congratulations" "Congratulations" "Congratulations" "Congratulations" "Congratulations" "Congratulations" "Congratulations" "Congratulations" "Congratulations" "Congratulations" "Congratulations" "Congratulations" I dont think u can read anything more than this:) all the best for ur MS

Rama Deepthi Muddu said...

woooooow!! thanx a ton! i cant thank u that many times... flying on monday...leaving my vizag tommorrow..

jags said...

@Josh

I will miss ur vizag pics a lot:(

Anonymous said...

hieee.....first of all congrats for ur visa approval:)

u know what...even I am a big fan of that visa consulate....while I had my interiew done in the next counter...I used to feel the same as u felt in ur first interview....he is really kool..has got lots of patience...first time when I went for H4 visa(last year) along with my sis and my mom..me and my sis went on discussing about him the whole day..such a cool attitude he has...my God..I was almost flattened with his cute smile for us..hehehhee....the whole 3 hrs we spent looking at him only...:P:D....I am very happy to see your post sweety...c ya!

smiles..:)

jags said...

Happy Birthday to you:) when r u posting ur bday pics buddy??? how abt my treat?

waiting....

waiting....

waiting....

waiting....

waiting....

waiting....
let me know how long???

anyways have a joyful and wonderful bday...:)

Rama Deepthi Muddu said...

thanx jags... so nice to c ur note.. was busy.. cudnt blog much.. shall surely upload nd blog this weekend.. kuncham busy...